Monday, July 6, 2009

Chef Interview

Here is a fun little blog about Chef Bobby! Enjoy:

Chef Blog

Being a Chef is something I have always wanted to do since I was little. I received my first chefs knife when I was eleven years old and still have it with me today. The first kitchen I ever worked in was on an Island in Lake Erie called Put-In-Bay this is where I fell in Love with cooking. It was really life changing because after this job I moved onto a culinary school in Providence, Rhode Island called Johnson and Wales University. There I received my associates degree in Applied Science, which was Culinary Arts, and continued on to achieve my Bachelors in Foodservice Entrepreneurship. I would have to say my greatest Mentor (mentors) are my parents, as they have always supported me in any decision I make. If it were not for them I would not be where I am Today. I grew up cooking all the time with my Mom and my Dad we always cooked and I always helped out because I loved it.

My overall philosophy of cooking is Simple yet Elegant Food driven by California Cuisine, and great wine. California Cuisine is fresh, seasonal, local paired with Great Wine there is nothing better. The Best Part of my career so far has been the accomplishments I have achieved, and the ongoing learning process in becoming even a more successful Chef. The worst part of my career so far maybe all the moving around which I have done over the past three years, but yet so very important in my life because of the great people you meet along the way. I love traveling and there is no where I would not want to go in this country but the sunny skies, palm trees, and oceans are the best places to live in my eyes. There is nothing like waking up every day in paradise.

I love cooking at home because it is much more relaxing, you’re really not on a timeline and you’re the one eating the food, so if something is not perfect which of course it always is.. It can just be much less stressful. My favorite thing to cook at home is a 16 to 18 ounce Strip Steak, with caramelized balsamic onions and mushrooms, a loaded baked potato (fresh bacon, scallions, butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese), grilled asparagus, nice fresh baguette toasted to perfection on the grill. Nothing like a summer day after going out on the Golf Course, to come home eat this meal and watch the sunset. This is a picture perfect day especially when your house is on the beach! This just made me hungry!

Summer ingredients I traditionally like not only in the summer but all year long are: Cherry’s, Apricots, Stone Fruit is the best on a hot summer day, Vegetables on the other hand are particularly not my favorite but I do love asparagus, spinach, and sweet corn. If I was not a Chef Honestly I would want to own and operate a Catamaran in Costa Rica, take tours and cruises around for tourists to enjoy while providing them with Fresh, seasonal, and local cuisine. So I guess I would still be a Chef who gets to Play with Knives, Fire, and Food all day long no one I know, unless you’re a CHEF! There really is nothing I could honestly think I would want to do, I love my Job and have a lot of fun doing it. If I could cook for anyone in the world It would be hard to say, but if I could have someone cook for me I would totally choose Chef Ramsey because that guy is awesome and I would love to taste his Food! Take Care- Chef Bobby Out!

No comments:

 
Site Meter